Remember your actions can affect people’s lives and livelihoods
Before travelling, you should check if facilities, such as car parks, are open to visitors. Do not park on verges or block gates. This restricts access for other vehicles.
When in the countryside, follow the Countryside Code >
You can do this by:
- being considerate to those living in, working in and enjoying the countryside
- leaving gates and property as you find them
- not blocking access to gateways or driveways when parking
- being nice – say hello, share the space
- following local signs and keep to marked paths unless wider access is available.
For safe and happy walks with your dog, and to avoid causing problems for others, follow the Dog Walking Code >